The SELMA toolkit
The SELMA Toolkit will be the main outcome of the SELMA project. A collection of principles, methods and practices, it will enable different types of stakeholders to work on online hate speech with 11-to-16-year-old teenagers.
The Toolkit will approach online hate speech through a Social and Emotional Learning frame. It will include elements of media literacy, critical thinking and active citizenship in a digital world. Research activities on (online) hate speech carried out during the first months of the project will set an evidence base for its creation.
The SELMA Toolkit is currently under development.
It will be available on this website in the Spring of 2019.
Based on the SELMA Toolkit, additional resources and materials will be delivered in 2019:
- A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
- Lesson plans and modules for teachers
- A peer ambassador scheme for youth
- Training and support materials for school professionals, educators, and parents
- An online counselling programme for vulnerable youth
- A "first-help" counselling and reporting app concept